Sunday, September 21, 2008

Nature Calls

For those of you that live close enough to have visited, you know that we have a backyard the size of a postage stamp. We are lucky to live by many parks and have the "dad of the year" who spends about an hour a night at those parks with the boys. I told Lance if this baby was another boy, Target or no Target we were moving to the woods. So needless to say we love to camp. We had a great time at our ward campout. Here are the highlights!

- Dallin loved hiking to a stream and throwing rocks in the water.

- Ryder loved climbing the hills and finding "treasure."


- Breckan LOVED making smores. He stood by the fire most of the night roasting marshmellows.

We shared the campsite with a large group of ROTC's. They were great neighbors at night. They went to bed early. Not so great come exercise time at 4:30 am. But we still had a great time.



7 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

We had so much with you guys too. It was great to see all of the kids having so much fun running around eating and playing with each other. Plus, it was really great to sit around after they went to bed visiting with just grown ups. I can't wait for the next ward camp out. 80)

Brooke said...

Looks like fun! You skinny girl - you don't even look pregnant in that picture! Amazing!

Ruth said...

Hurray! You're a blogger! It looks fabulous and I'm so excited to blog stalk you now. :)

BTW, we are SO excited you're having a girl. Now our girls can be best cousins...

Shannon said...

Glad you guys had fun camping! I'm not a camp girl myself~ unless there's bathrooms and showers and a Target near by...haha jk! I like the camping scene but while pregnant I don't think I could it! You are brave!

Amy Gibson said...

That seems like so much fun! Sad we aren't there, but glad you are blogging!

AnnaMarie said...

Shelby! It is so fun to see a blog from you. I love blogs, they help me to feel connected to the people who are too far away. You boys are getting bigger and bigger, and I am so excited that you are having a girl. That is great!

The Bluths said...

I think we have the exact same tent!