Friday, May 22, 2009

Turning in Circles

This month has gone by so fast, I feel like I am turning around in circles. This was one of my favorite games growing up. Jenny and I would put on some music ( Juice Newton) :) and spin until we fell down.
Well, I really feel like I want to fall down, but there is sooo much to do all the time. I am not complaining, I love being the mom to my four kids. I am also very grateful that I have a partner in crime to spin with. Lance is great at keeping things moving smoothly.
This last month, Lance took the boys on the father-son campout. What this meant for me is a whole weekend at home with Ellsie. It wasn't so relaxing for Lance, but he claims half the time he had no idea where the kids were.........perfect.
They all made it home though and they seemed to find a lot of dirt to bring with them.

Of course they had smores, Breckan's favorite. And since dad was in charge, they had them for breakfast too!


All their best friends were there. This is Ryder with his friend Cody Lunt.








On May 11, it was Lance's birthday. The kids LOVE birthdays of course and wanted to make it very special. They all picked out presents and wanted to make a chocolate cake, dad's favorite. Lance says this really was his best birthday so far because the kids are at such fun ages. Everything is so fun to them.



Ryder graduated from pre-school this past week. Miss Jamie had a very cute ceremony and his friend, Olivia, made adorable cupcakes with graduation hats on top.
He has LOVED going to pre-school. Every night he would ask if "tomorrow is preschool" and if I said yes, his next question always was, "is it show and tell day?" Show and tell was every Thursday and every Thursday for an entire year, he chose to bring the same thing.....Jakey.
Jakey has been Ryder's favorite toy, and a member of our family for four years now. Many of you may recognize this dog because it comes with us wherever we go. Jakey has seen better days....he lost an ear in a battle against the washing machine two years ago but is loved no less.
Ryder will actually add him into everyday conversations or prayers. "Jakey is going to stay home from the splash park because he hates water," or "Please bless mom, dad, Dallin, Breckan, Ellsie and Jakey," but not in that particular order.


So it was no surprise to me to show up on the last day of school to see Ryder with Jakey, and a graduation hat on Jakey! I guess Jakey was there most days!




CONGRATULATIONS RYDER AND JAKEY!!!!! We love you both!!!



And last but not least, Dallin FINALLY lost a tooth! He was soooo excited. He had a very successful visit from the tooth fairy and he couldn't be happier.




Cute little gap, I love it!















10 comments:

The Bluths said...

What fun pictures! Happy Birthday Lance!

What are your plans for the weekend?

Mark and Jessica said...

Looks like fun times! I can't wait until robbie looses his first tooth - it's a wiggling.

Jesmyluk said...

It sounds like it was a great Fathers & Sons Campout.

Happy Birthday Lance and Congrats to Dallin loosing that tooth.

As for Ryder and Jakey well they say you can tell how much a doll, or in this case, a little stuffed dog, is loved by the state of its dilapidation. Jakey must be very loved indeed. Good for Ryder. Congrats on graduating from preschool to Ryder & Jakey.

Jenna said...

So wonderful! I love the picture of them all dirty...it says so much! And that is so great that Jakey graduated from preschool, way to go!

Heather said...

What a cute family you have!

Shel said...

Hey Shelby! I loved getting a message from you! The pics your friends hvave taken are fabulous!! I need friends like them! :) So I am dying to know what you made?? Hope you really liked it and werent just being nice!! :) So I have to know where you got that giant letter E for Ellsie's room? I have been trying to find a large enough P and can only find them small...so started thinking I need to find someone with the tools to make me one!! Or, I just saw your sister-in-laws letters....maybe I should buy smaller letters from her?? Hmmmm.....
Hope you guys are doing great...your boys kill me! They are sooo cute!

Rebecca Barlow said...

Congrats and happy birthday! We are so glad to have met you guys and we are looking forward to getting to know you all better.
Becca

wittygal said...

I am updating my blog list and I added you. Hope you don't mind. I love your Fathers and Sons picture!

Heidi Joncas said...

Look at all your cute boys!! Ellsie is going to have some very protective older brothers, how fun.

I am definitely going to make a little dress for the giveaway. I bought some dang cute fabric at Hobby Lobby last week for it. I don't know if I will be able to part with it. It is going to be so cute!

Kara Anderson said...

What a cute happy family Shelb--wish we lived closer.