Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Say No to Coffee

The last couple of months we have been reading from the Doctrine and Covenants Stories. They are great for the boys and keep their attention better because of all the pictures. Recently, we had the word of wisdom lesson which is accompanied by a picture of steaming hot coffee. Breckan LOVED this lesson. Talking about any form of food gets him really excited.

The next night, after we read the next chapter, Breckan asked if we could go back and look at the coffee again. This went on every night for weeks.

Recently, Breckan has decided he wanted to say family prayer all by himself, without assistance from Lance or I. I couldn't believe how in depth he got. He was very thoughtful and didn't want to forget anything. Now he wants to say the prayer every night, which sometimes causes the other boys to whine because he is a tad long winded. This was his prayer tonight.

Heavenly Father, please bless Dad.....Mom.....Dallin.....Ryder.....and Ellsie.
Bless the Prophet..........and the bread and water........and Miss Jenna.
Thank you for my house.
Please help us to not drink coffee. Amen.


What a sweet boy he is. A little obsessive/compulsive....maybe. He is very thoughtful and loving, and as I type this at 9:30pm he is sneaking into my bed behind me. I need to go snuggle him now!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Moments like that make me glad we have blogger to record the memories and sweet moments while they are still little!

Hannah added Miss Jenna to her prayers tonight too, along with that cat in the window next door to Miss Jenna's.... What would we do with out our little ones!!!
xoxo

The Bluths said...

I still see Brecken as this little baby, I can't believe he is old enough for pre school!
I take that back, I can't believe he's old enough to even be talking! :)

Jennie said...

I love it! Brecken is so cute. It's funny how some things make such an impression on their little minds...now the real funny moment will be when Brecken wants to share this info with someone he notices IS drinking coffee!

Mark and Jessica said...

How cute! And Jennie is right, the real lesson is learned when they share it with everyone around them. Great job teaching your little ones.

Jesmyluk said...

Awww. That's all I have to say..."Awww". ;)

Jenna said...

I want to eat Breckan!! I seriously love that kid and am so glad he loves me back!

wittygal said...

Very cute! Kids are so fun and inspiring. They also keep us on our toes, your coffee drinking days are over. Just Kidding!!